Historic Downtown Long Grove is the perfect destination to find unique gifts for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day. Enjoy great shopping and dining incentives throughout town including..
Shop & Sip: Epilogue, Olivia’s Boutique & UnWined of Long Grove
Country House of Long Grove
Long Grove Confectionery
Bella Donna Boutique- February 7
The Irish Boutique
The Olive Tap
How about treating your Valentine to a delicious meal made with Dark Chocolate Balsamic? From savory to sweet it will be sure to please! Check out some great chocolate recipes from The Olive Tap, stop in to purchase your chocolate essentials and spoil the one you love with a fabulous meal! http://theolivetaprecipes.com/search/chocolate/
White Oak Gourmet
Cleo Jewelry & Gifts
Long Grove Apple Fest 2016
September 23, 24, 25
Check back for additional details!
Long Grove Chocolate Fest 2016
May 20, 21, 22
Friday, May 20 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday, May 21 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday, May 22 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Experience Historic Downtown Long Grove… fun for the kids and the kid in YOU. Delight in a weekend of chocolate treats, visit the Kid FREE Zone, go on a shopping spree, sample amazing foods and get up and dance to the live music of 7th Heaven, Infinity and American English, to name a few. Admission: $5 (Free from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Friday, May 20), Children 12 and under FREE.
Long Grove Summer Fest
June 24, 25, 26
Check back for additional details!
|Chocolate Fest||May 20, 21, 22|
|Summer Fest||June 24, 25, 26|
|Long Grove Craft Beer Days||July 22, 23|
|Vintage Days||August 20, 21|
|Irish Days||September 3, 4, 5|
|Long Grove Heritage Race||September 10|
|Apple Fest||September 23, 24, 25|
|DIY Scarecrow Day||October 8|
|Holiday Festivities||Begin November 18|
|Carriage Rides||Begin November 26|
Check back for additional dates!
Shop, Dine & Stroll Our Historic Village this Holiday Season!
Long Grove is “Smitten with Mittens!” — Giving Back
The Long Grove Business and Community Partners (LGBCP) is giving back this holiday season with their Holiday Coat Drive and “Smitten with Mittens” initiatives.
- COATS: In partnership with Long Grove Boy Scouts, the LGBCP is collecting new or gently used, clean coats thru December 20.
- MITTENS: Gently used, clean mittens will be donated to Family First Center of Lake County / Lake County Health Department thru December 20.
Holiday Festivities: Weekends, Beginning Saturday, Dec. 5 – Sunday, Dec 20.
FREE holiday horse-drawn carriage rides every Saturday from 1 – 6 p.m. through December 19, starting at Mill Pond Shoppes, just outside of Galena Canning Company, on Robert Parker Coffin Road.
Other Fun Filled Happenings:
- Santa Visits Long Grove Saturdays & Sundays 1- 4 p.m.
- Holiday Carolers will be strolling the streets Saturdays & Sundays
- Performers include:
Long Grove Carolers: December 5 & December 12, 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Top of the World Quartet: December 13, 1 – 4 p.m.
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Choral Group: Sun., Dec. 13, Noon -1p.m.
Jingle Singers: December 19 & 20, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Performers include:
- Viking Teasures Scandinavian Gifts: Buy one Nisse/Tomte at regular price, get 50 percent off on selected Nisee/Tomte (*while supplies last).
- Meet Father Christmas, Sunday, December 6 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- St. Lucia Day, December 13 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., enjoy GingerSnaps and LingonSaft and save 13 percent off all St. Lucia figures (in stock St. Lucia items only).
- Epilogue Arts – Hand Carved Carousel Figures, icons of American history, can be found and purchased at Epilogue in Long Grove.
- Cookie Walk – Long Grove shop owners welcome you with cookies, the weekend of December 6 – 7 (while supplies last)
- Mangel’s Gifts hosts Bill Robinson & Friends – featuring live holiday music Saturdays & Sundays through December 20, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Storytelling & Meet the Humbug – December 6, 13, 19 from 1 -1:30 p.m. at the Visitor’s Center.
- Meet Mrs. Claus at Ma & Pa’s Candy, Saturdays, December 5 & 12, 1 – 3 p.m. You’ll find sweet holiday gifts and Long Grove’s famous apple cider doughnuts.
- The Village Tavern brings you, LUNCH WITH SANTA, Saturday, December 12 & 19, beginning at 11 a.m. Reservations are required, 847.634.3117.
A FREE Gift For You…
Our Way of Saying “THANK YOU, FOR SHOPPING IN LONG GROVE!”
Spend $150 and receive a gift! You’ll receive a red envelope, while shopping, and when you’ve collected $150 in receipts from Historic Downtown Long Grove businesses, bring the envelope to the Visitor’s Center and choose your FREE gift (*while supplies last).
- Then, enter to win a Long Grove Confectionery basket of sweets, a “$75 value” or free carriage rides from Chicago Horse & Carriage, Ltd. 806 N Michigan Ave. Drawings will be held on December 20, winners will be notified by email.
Tulips are about to bloom, in charming Historic Downtown Long Grove, just in time for seasonal festivities!
Sample Spring Flavors at the Olive Tap (Through April)
Stop in at The Olive Tap to sample an abundance of Spring flavors “on tap,” Mondays through Saturdays, 10 am – 5 pm, and Sundays, 11 am – 5 pm, throughout the month of April. Receive a free 100 ml. bottle (retail value of $7.95) of Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, with the purchase of any 375 ml. regularly priced Olive Oil or Vinegar. To receive your free bottle, you must mention “The Olive Tap’s Spring Special,” prior to purchase. One bottle per customer. This promotion cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. While supplies last.
International Art Workshop, BYOB, at Rivellino School of Art (April 23)
On April 23, Rivellino Art School of Art hosts its monthly adults-only International Art Workshop. In this three-hour workshop, students will create a work of art in the cubist style of German artist Paul Klee, while enjoying snacks and beverages from Germany. Rivellino will supply the materials and some food. Students are invited to bring their own “theme beverages” and snacks to this fun, social BYOB event. $35 per person, from 7 pm to 10 pm.
Live Music & Book Signing at Beans & Leaves Coffee & Tea Café (April 24)
On April 24, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm, at Beans & Leaves, enjoy a live performance, by guitarist and vocalist Tony Memmel, along with a visit and book signing by Katie Memmel of the Lucky Fin Project, and author of “5 Fingers, 10 Toes.”
Every Wednesday, at Beans & Leaves, now thru the end of April, is “Give Back To Community Day.” A portion of all proceeds will go to the Montessori School of Long Grove, and their fundraising efforts.
Looking for a simple, delicious meal to prepare at home? Lucia and Angelo Cavallino from Enzo & Lucia Italian Restaurant went on WGN Morning News to demonstrate how to prepare their classic Pesce Spado con Maiz, Seared Swordfish with Pancetta Corn. Get the full recipe below, and watch the full segment here!
Two 8oz pieces of Swordfish Loin
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic
Two tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 oz Chardonnay wine
Red pepper flakes
1. Heat up oil for approximately one minute in a non-stick pan, add swordfish and sear for 3 minutes.
2. Turn swordfish over, sear for 2 more minutes
3. Add garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, cook for one more minute.
4. Add wine and parsley and let reduce for one minute.
2 ears of corn boiled and removed from cob
3 slices of Pancetta
One small chopped onion
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Tablespoon mascarpone cheese
1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 fresh lime
1. Add the onions and cubed pancetta and sautée in oil until pancetta is rendered.
2. Add corn and cook for two minutes
3. Add salt and pepper to taste
4. Shut off heat, add cheeses and parsley and mix together thoroughly.
5. Serve and squeeze lime over the corn.
About Enzo & Lucia Italian Restaurant
Enzo & Lucia’s is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant, housed in a historic building, prepares fresh pastas, fish, and desserts to order. Chef Enzo’s kitchen is open providing a view of all the action! The Northwest Italian menu includes veal marsala, grilled bass, chicken vesuvio, fresh seafood, and the house’s signature capelacci in vodka sauce. We serve lunch and dinner daily and accept reservations. Outdoor dining is available in favorable weather. Enzo & Lucia’s offers a full service bar and private party room. Enzo & Lucia’s is open to the public. For more information or to make reservations call 878-478-8825 or visit http://www.enzoandlucia.com/.
Visit Downtown Long Grove for a wide variety of special gifts, snacks and beverages from the merchants including:
- Chocolates and candies from Ma & Pa’s Candy that will make you feel like a kid again.
- Visit Cleo Jewelry & Gifts and Bella Donna Boutique to shop items like perfumes, purses, scarves and more! For more information, click here.
- It is always a season for giving at The Irish Boutique, Country House of Long Grove, Creative Hands, Epilogue & Mangel Gifts. From handpicked jewelry to gifts for the home, these shops will have something for everyone.
- If you are looking for the perfect cigars, look no further. Neumann’s Cigars and More has cigars from only the best quality retailers. Stop in today!
- Shop some delicious food items from The Olive Tap, Galena Canning Company, & Long Grove Popcorn Shoppe.
- Shop the latest fashions from Clover, Lucy & Ethel’s and Olivia’s Boutique.
- If you consider yourself a collector of sorts, visit Nifty 50s for nostalgic fifties memorabilia, custom diner booths and soda fountains!
- Stop in to shop or sit and enjoy coffee and tea at Beans & Leaves Coffee & Tea Cafe. Enjoy a variety of coffee and tea from around the world as well as daily specials, lattes, italian sodas, and more!
- Shop unique wines from Broken Earth Winery. Choose your favorite wine from our vast selection that includes everything from crisp white wines to bold reds.
- Spend the afternoon at High Tea with Gerri for some authentic English tea prepared fresh everyday! Open to the public or call 847-948-1724 to make a reservation.
St. Patrick’s Day in Long Grove
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, with special gifts from Long Grove’s Irish specialty shops. Paddy’s on the Square offers music, clothing and gift items from Ireland, while the Irish Boutique is home to a selection of Irish-made jewelry, English and Irish foods, Waterford Crystal and Belleek China.
Everything Irish in March Workshop Series begins March 5 in Long Grove. The Rivellino School of Art, in partnership with Paddy’s on the Square. A total of six classes will run from March 5 thru March 21. Four of the six classes are adult-only. Two, of those four, are BYOB. There will also be one class, suitable for all ages and one parent / child workshop. Prices range from $20 – $50 dollars. Reservations are required. For additional information, visit www.rivellinoschool.com.
The McNulty Irish Dancers will perform at Paddy’s on the Square on Saturday, March 14 from 2:00-3:00 pm.
Top off your celebrations by stopping by the Village Tavern Saturday, March 14 for a St. Patrick’s Party with R. J. Express, live music from 6:30-10:30 pm. Enjoy traditional corned beef & cabbage washed down with green beer! Plus, join them on St. Patrick’s Day, Tuesday, March 17 for Corned Beef & Cabbage, lots of beads and party favors, green beer and a “Pot-O-Gold” drawing where a luck winner will receive dinner, drinks or BOTH. Call (847) 634-3117 for reservations.
March Madness at The Long Grove Cafe
Long Grove Cafe is celebrating the battle of college basketball, March Madness, all month long by offering 30 percent off all “Dine In” food items. Daily food specials, alcohol, tax & gratuity are not included. Call (847) 955-9600 for more information or to make a reservation.
The Village of Downtown Long Grove welcomes Jing Wu to the community with the opening of Clover, a new boutique. With its grand opening comes the realization of Jing’s childhood dream: to open a small store selling apparel, shoes and accessories.
Originally from Shanghai, China, Jing attended Illinois Institute of Technology before settling in nearby Lake Zurich, IL with her husband and two children. With friends who live in Long Grove, Jing and her family would often visit, witnessing first hand all the hospitality and charm downtown has to offer. She and her kids never miss the fun at the Apple and Strawberry Festivals each year!
Jing loves both shopping and traveling; two hobbies that certainly shine through at her boutique. Clover stocks children’s apparel, shoes and accessories from the U.K., Sweden, Israel and Australia; as well as products made here in the United States. These simple and comfy brands from different countries set Clover apart when it comes to children’s daily wear, and are a true testament to Jing’s love of different cultures.
Clover is Jing’s first adventure in owning and running a business, and she couldn’t be more excited to be living her dream in Long Grove.
To celebrate the grand opening, from now until February 28 enjoy 25% off your entire purchase at Clover! For more information contact Jing Wu at 847-383-6421, or visit the store at 225 Robert Parker Rd., Long Grove, IL 60047.