Long Grove invites everyone to celebrate the historic village’s German roots at OktoberFest on Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14. Start your day at 10:00 am Saturday with an old fashioned parade through the center of town. Enjoy live entertainment, including folk dancing and a variety of German bands. Experience the old-fashioned fun of a family hayride, pumpkin decorating and children’s activities. Stay for beer, brats, and traditional German food.
Admission and parking are free. Many of Long Grove’s unique shops and restaurants will add to the celebration with autumn and Halloween-themed items, sales, live music, special foods and drinks.
Saturday, Oct. 13
- 10 a.m. Long Grove Fall Parade begins at Kildeer School, ends at Archer Municipal Parking Lot.
- 11:30 a.m. Kildeer Chorus performs in Apple Haus Square.
- 1:15 p.m. Performing Arts Glee Kids perform in Apple Haus Square.
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. Lustige Blaskapelle German Grass Band in large Oktoberfest tent (on the grass, by Archer Road).
- 5-8 p.m. Stosh Golonka & the Chicago Masters in large Oktoberfest tent.
Sunday, Oct. 14
- 1:30-4:30 p.m. Horst’s Polka Band at Archer Municipal Parking Lot.
Contact the Visitor’s Information Center at (847) 634-0888 for more information.