‘Tis the Season to Shop Long Grove
Shop, Dine & Stroll Our Historic Village this Holiday Season!
Long Grove is “Smitten with Mittens!” — Giving Back
The Long Grove Business and Community Partners (LGBCP) is giving back this holiday season with their Holiday Coat Drive and “Smitten with Mittens” initiatives.
- COATS: In partnership with Long Grove Boy Scouts, the LGBCP is collecting new or gently used, clean coats thru December 20.
- MITTENS: Gently used, clean mittens will be donated to Family First Center of Lake County / Lake County Health Department thru December 20.
Holiday Festivities: Weekends, Beginning Saturday, Dec. 5 – Sunday, Dec 20.
FREE holiday horse-drawn carriage rides every Saturday from 1 – 6 p.m. through December 19, starting at Mill Pond Shoppes, just outside of Galena Canning Company, on Robert Parker Coffin Road.
Other Fun Filled Happenings:
- Santa Visits Long Grove Saturdays & Sundays 1- 4 p.m.
- Holiday Carolers will be strolling the streets Saturdays & Sundays
- Performers include:
Long Grove Carolers: December 5 & December 12, 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Top of the World Quartet: December 13, 1 – 4 p.m.
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Choral Group: Sun., Dec. 13, Noon -1p.m.
Jingle Singers: December 19 & 20, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Performers include:
- Viking Teasures Scandinavian Gifts: Buy one Nisse/Tomte at regular price, get 50 percent off on selected Nisee/Tomte (*while supplies last).
- Meet Father Christmas, Sunday, December 6 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- St. Lucia Day, December 13 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., enjoy GingerSnaps and LingonSaft and save 13 percent off all St. Lucia figures (in stock St. Lucia items only).
- Epilogue Arts – Hand Carved Carousel Figures, icons of American history, can be found and purchased at Epilogue in Long Grove.
- Cookie Walk – Long Grove shop owners welcome you with cookies, the weekend of December 6 – 7 (while supplies last)
- Mangel’s Gifts hosts Bill Robinson & Friends – featuring live holiday music Saturdays & Sundays through December 20, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Storytelling & Meet the Humbug – December 6, 13, 19 from 1 -1:30 p.m. at the Visitor’s Center.
- Meet Mrs. Claus at Ma & Pa’s Candy, Saturdays, December 5 & 12, 1 – 3 p.m. You’ll find sweet holiday gifts and Long Grove’s famous apple cider doughnuts.
- The Village Tavern brings you, LUNCH WITH SANTA, Saturday, December 12 & 19, beginning at 11 a.m. Reservations are required, 847.634.3117.
A FREE Gift For You…
Our Way of Saying “THANK YOU, FOR SHOPPING IN LONG GROVE!”
Spend $150 and receive a gift! You’ll receive a red envelope, while shopping, and when you’ve collected $150 in receipts from Historic Downtown Long Grove businesses, bring the envelope to the Visitor’s Center and choose your FREE gift (*while supplies last).
- Then, enter to win a Long Grove Confectionery basket of sweets, a “$75 value” or free carriage rides from Chicago Horse & Carriage, Ltd. 806 N Michigan Ave. Drawings will be held on December 20, winners will be notified by email.