Seafood Recipe | Enzo & Lucia Italian Restaurant on WGN Morning News
Looking for a simple, delicious meal to prepare at home? Lucia and Angelo Cavallino from Enzo & Lucia Italian Restaurant went on WGN Morning News to demonstrate how to prepare their classic Pesce Spado con Maiz, Seared Swordfish with Pancetta Corn. Get the full recipe below, and watch the full segment here!
Two 8oz pieces of Swordfish Loin
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic
Two tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 oz Chardonnay wine
Red pepper flakes
1. Heat up oil for approximately one minute in a non-stick pan, add swordfish and sear for 3 minutes.
2. Turn swordfish over, sear for 2 more minutes
3. Add garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, cook for one more minute.
4. Add wine and parsley and let reduce for one minute.
2 ears of corn boiled and removed from cob
3 slices of Pancetta
One small chopped onion
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Tablespoon mascarpone cheese
1 Tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 fresh lime
1. Add the onions and cubed pancetta and sautée in oil until pancetta is rendered.
2. Add corn and cook for two minutes
3. Add salt and pepper to taste
4. Shut off heat, add cheeses and parsley and mix together thoroughly.
5. Serve and squeeze lime over the corn.
About Enzo & Lucia Italian Restaurant
Enzo & Lucia’s is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant, housed in a historic building, prepares fresh pastas, fish, and desserts to order. Chef Enzo’s kitchen is open providing a view of all the action! The Northwest Italian menu includes veal marsala, grilled bass, chicken vesuvio, fresh seafood, and the house’s signature capelacci in vodka sauce. We serve lunch and dinner daily and accept reservations. Outdoor dining is available in favorable weather. Enzo & Lucia’s offers a full service bar and private party room. Enzo & Lucia’s is open to the public. For more information or to make reservations call 878-478-8825 or visit http://www.enzoandlucia.com/.
Visit Downtown Long Grove for a wide variety of special gifts, snacks and beverages from the merchants including:
- Chocolates and candies from Ma & Pa’s Candy that will make you feel like a kid again.
- Visit Cleo Jewelry & Gifts and Bella Donna Boutique to shop items like perfumes, purses, scarves and more! For more information, click here.
- It is always a season for giving at The Irish Boutique, Country House of Long Grove, Creative Hands, Epilogue & Mangel Gifts. From handpicked jewelry to gifts for the home, these shops will have something for everyone.
- If you are looking for the perfect cigars, look no further. Neumann’s Cigars and More has cigars from only the best quality retailers. Stop in today!
- Shop some delicious food items from The Olive Tap, Galena Canning Company, & Long Grove Popcorn Shoppe.
- Shop the latest fashions from Clover, Lucy & Ethel’s and Olivia’s Boutique.
- If you consider yourself a collector of sorts, visit Nifty 50s for nostalgic fifties memorabilia, custom diner booths and soda fountains!
- Stop in to shop or sit and enjoy coffee and tea at Beans & Leaves Coffee & Tea Cafe. Enjoy a variety of coffee and tea from around the world as well as daily specials, lattes, italian sodas, and more!
- Shop unique wines from Broken Earth Winery. Choose your favorite wine from our vast selection that includes everything from crisp white wines to bold reds.
- Spend the afternoon at High Tea with Gerri for some authentic English tea prepared fresh everyday! Open to the public or call 847-948-1724 to make a reservation.