We live in a plagued society; we do not know when or how a disease may decide to turn into a full-blown epidemic. Even something as trivial as a common cold may affect us severely and will linger on for days. This is why we must own a few standard medical gears at home so we can check ourselves from time to time and make sure we aren’t going under the weather. One important medical tool that you can keep within the comfort of your home is a Thermometer. A thermometer’s function is to assess your body temperature and notify you if your body temperature is above or below the standard temperature. This assessment will determine whether or not you are falling sick.
This being said is why you require a thermometer, perhaps the advanced version of a standard thermometer i.e. Infrared Thermometer in your first aid kit.
There are plenty of thermometers you can choose from, so here’s a list of all the options you could look into to pick out the best one for you,
The 5 Best Infrared Thermometers in India
Dr Trust Infrared Forehead Temporal Artery Thermometer with Color Coded Fever Guidance:
- This thermometer will scan the heat on the temporal artery of your forehead which is why it is named so. This technology will give you an assessment within 3 seconds of its administration.
- It operates on two modes, object mode, and person mode, the object mode is useful in assessing exterior temperatures, more specifically, if you want to assess the temperature of the milk or water before giving it to a child this thermometer gives you an accurate reading of the heat.
- The thermometer’s design has a 2-color coded feature that helps you understand if the individual is experiencing a fever or no by displaying the coded colors.
- It is very convenient and effective. It is also non-invasive, which means you don’t have to stick it under your armpit or tongue as standard thermometers may require you to. It is hygienic to use.
Omron MC 720 Non-Contact Digital Infrared Thermometer:
- Similar to the previous thermometer, this also assesses your body temperature from your forehead, but it senses the infrared emissions of your skin and then determines your body temperature.
- The reading is available in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, it also has the object mode and person mode, it senses the heat of an object by simply noting the heat on the surface.
- It analysis your temperature with room temperature, so you can assess whether or not your body may be falling ill.
- The room temperature will be displayed by the thermometer even after the unit of your body temperature is turned off.
MCP Medical Infrared Forehead Thermometer Gun for Fever:
- This thermometer is a non-contact thermometer that is safe to use for both adults and babies
- It is lightweight and portable, it analyses the body temperature of the individual regardless of the current room temperature.
- It has a backlight LED display that flashes different colors, green for a normal body temperature, orange for slightly above the normal temperature and red when your body is at risk of contracting a full-blown sickness.
- It has different modes to select from, it should be administered 1-15 cm away from the forehead for it to determine your temperature.
Equinox Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer:
- This thermometer is the best option for any age group, it provides an accurate result within seconds of its administration.
- The thermometer alerts us by displaying a red light if our body temperature is unusually high.
- It displays your temperature reading for about 30 seconds and can store up to 32 readings automatically, in case you need to keep tabs on your increasing and/or decreasing body temperature.
- Place it a few centimeters away from your forehead. It is hygienic and easy to use.
BPL Medical Technologies’ infrared thermometers:
- This thermometer can assess accurate temperature measurements by the administration on the forehead or the ear. It provides your results within 0.5 seconds of administration and can also store up to 20 measurements.
- It is very easy to use and is also a bit conventional. It shuts down within 10 seconds after use to not drain the battery.
- It alerts you when the temperature is high with an inbuilt alarm if your body temperature is unusual. The alarm is also for when you to take timely tests to assess the fluctuating temperature. It has two modes both Fahrenheit and Celsius. It also has an LCD display that is bi-color and lights up in accordance to the temperature the body exudes.
- There are two buttons, namely the F1 and F2 which are for the forehead and ear respectively. You can opt for either depending on what type of measurement you are seeking.
These are the best-reviewed and preferred Infrared Thermometers available in India. Although sickness cannot be avoided it can be prevented to a certain extent. Our health should be the priority at all times, so even if you are not able to follow through with your health checkups it is highly recommended that you own a personal medical kit which consists of basic medical tools just to make sure that your health will not be compromised in any way. Sanitation is also very important that is why a wave of ‘non-contact’ thermometers has taken the market by a wave. The traditional thermometers are not ideal in terms of hygiene, preferably opt for the non-contact thermometers so you are not at the risk of contracting any disease.…